Leaderboard
728x15

Nice Images Of Animals photos

Large Rectangle

Some cool images of animals images:



Canned animals
images of animals
Image by Toban B.
Tourist industry products
in Toronto, Canada


The beaver and the moose are two major symbols of Canada. Maple leaves are another major national symbol -- of course.


As a Canadian, I find it embarassing to post this photo -- even though I'm not some sort of nationalist. (I at least try to not be a nationalist. Clearly I'm not completely successful -- since these products bother me.)


Some animal rights advocates would find these canned animals outrageous.


As for why forest animals are symbols of Canada -
Those images mainly are hold-overs from a time when there weren't many Europeans here; the natives who were living here at the time didn't receive the same sort of attention.
Beavers were sought for their furs -- which were used to make fashionable hats, in particular.

Banner